For the latest lead sampling notice click the link.
The Commission is posting several reports that that contain historic background on Boston’s water supply system, the sanitary sewer system and the storm drainage system and how each system has been developed and expended over time.
- History of the Water and Sewer Works of the City of Boston 1630-1978
- Water & Sewer Works of the City of Boston 1630-1978 - Neil Savage - 1981
- The Water Supply System of Metropolitan Boston - 1845-1947 - MDC - 1985
- General System of Drainage for the Valleys of Mystic Blackstone and Charles River - 1886
- Main Drainage Works of the City of Boston - Eliot C Clarke - 1888