EPA Check List
Due to the public health emergency caused by the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) the City of Boston would like to remind property owners of the importance of ensuring the safety of building water systems and devices after a prolonged shutdown. It is important to ensure the water quality inside the internal plumbing is not compromised. Please see the recommended steps below to take before reopening your building from the CDC:
- Develop a comprehensive water management program (WMP) for your water system and all devices that use water. Guidance to help with this process is available from CDC and others.
- Ensure your water heater is properly maintained and the temperature is correctly set
- Flush your water system
- Clean all decorative water features, such as fountains.
- Ensure hot tubs/spas are safe for use
- Ensure cooling towers are clean and well-maintained
- Ensure safety equipment including fire sprinkler systems, eye wash stations, and safety showers are clean and well-maintained
- Maintain your water system
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Boston Water and Sewer Commission at: email@example.com.