DO NOT FLUSH WIPES - With reports of toilet paper shortages amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Commission reminds customers that wipes, paper towels, facial tissue, and other materials – even those that claim to be “flushable” – are not designed to break down in the wastewater treatment process.
Replacement of water mains and the replacement and rehabilitation of sewers and drains on various streets in East Boston. The purpose of the project is to improve the water distribution system and upgrade aging sewerage and drainage systems in East Boston.
- Replaced 1,730 feet of water mains in East Boston
- Replaced 320 feet of sewer and drain pipes on Gove Street
- Replaced feet of sewer and drain pipes in East Boston
- Installed 960 feet of new drains on Porter and Paris Streets
- Rehabilitation of 2,370 feet of sewer and drain pipes
- 400' of water main replacement on Shelby Street
- Gas line relocation
The anticipated impacts include water service interruptions, noise, traffic and parking modifications, rodent activity, dust, and general construction impacts. The contractor will be required to minimize impacts to the extent feasible.
Temporary restoration of roadways, sidewalks and other areas disturbed by construction will be completed under this contract. A permanent restoration will occur under a separate paving contract. Concrete or Brick sidewalks will be restored within six weeks, weather dependent.