− In addition to this form, please submit any additional documents that support your claim, including but not limited to photographs, appraisals, estimates, medical bills, or receipts of any kind relating to the claimed loss. BWSC will review a claim only when such supporting information is provided.
− Please do not include or attach any personally identifying information, such as social security numbers, medical files, health care policy numbers, or other similar information.
− For property damage claims:
- Claimants must provide documentation to support proof of damages and alleged losses, such as repair estimates, itemized receipts, and photographs.
- Claimants are encouraged to contact their insurance companies.
− For vehicle claims:
- The owner of the vehicle must be the claimant submitting this form for consideration. If this claim for vehicle damages is due to a defect in the public way, the Commission may request additional information regarding vehicle ownership.
- Proof of vehicle ownership (e.g., vehicle registration) must be submitted as a supporting document with any claim for vehicle damages.
− For subrogation claims:
- Please include the policyholder’s name and your file number as part of the “Claimant Information” section.
− Please sign and date this form. BWSC will not accept or process unsigned claims forms.
BWSC strives to complete its review of the claim within four to six weeks of its receipt of all relevant information; however, for claims filed in response to major water or sewer events, BWSC will confirm receipt of all claims in a timely manner and will make its best efforts to provide updates to claimants throughout its review. Please understand that, due to the complexity of the issues involved in major water or sewer events, the claims process will take longer than six weeks to review.