Demolition of a building in the City of Boston involves a number of forms, permits and supporting documents overseen by a number of agencies.
The property owner must initiate a General Services Application (GSA): (pay applicable fees)
- Submit a letter from the owner of the property to Customer Services requesting demolition
- Submit a letter from a BWSC licensed and bonded contractor
- Request BWSC to shut-off all domestic and fire pipe services
- If a fire pipe exists, provide the fire pipe Shut-off Permit from the Boston Fire Department located at 115 Southampton Street, Boston, MA
- Return BWSC’s water meter and Meter Transmission Unit after water shut off in public way
- Pay any outstanding balances along with any unbilled accrued charges
- To complete the GSA hire a bonded and licensed drain layer company for the disconnection (cutting and capping) of the water, sewer, and storm drain connections at BWSC’s main lines and the removal of all appurtenances
Upon completion of all tasks, the GSA will be closed out. The closed out GSA is the BWSC’s sign off document, to be delivered to ISD.