The map below shows the locations of the Commission's active CSO outfalls and the status of their discharges. Discharges from CSO outfalls consist, or likely consist, of untreated or partially treated sewage and waste. The public is advised to avoid contact with impacted water bodies for 48 hours after the discharge or overflow ceases due to increased health risks from bacteria and other pollutants.
For more information regarding receiving water quality and bathing beach closures and advisories see the following websites.
- Charles River Watershed Association, Charles River Water Quality Flagging Program
- Mystic River Watershed Association
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Beach Water Quality and Beach Closures
- Click on a circle icon on the map to view CSO event information in a pop-up
- Sign-Up for CSO Notification Request Form
Moving Around the Map
- Click the plus/minus buttons on the right side to zoom in/out of the map
- Hold down the left mouse button and drag to pan the map