Educate yourself and others about our environment and all the neat things you can do to protect our water, the planet’s most valuable resource! BWSC provides a number of educational materials below including coloring pages, crossword puzzles, pictures, interesting water facts, word games, and other fun learning resources.
Coloring Pages, Puzzles & Water Facts
Fun Facts About Water
- Of all the earth’s water, 97% is salt water found in oceans and seas.
- About two-thirds of the human body is water; 70% of your skin is water.
- 38 billion gallons of water per day is processed for domestic and public use. You can survive about a month without food, but only 5 to 7 days without water.
- Only 1% of the earth’s water is available for drinking; 2% is frozen.
- The average five-minute shower takes between 15 to 25 gallons of water.
- A person should consume 2.5 quarts of water per day to maintain health. One gallon of water weighs approximately 8.5 pounds.
- You can refill an 8 oz. glass of water 15,000 times for the same cost as a six-pack of soda!
- One million miles of pipeline and aqueducts carry water in the United States and Canada. That’s enough to circle the earth 40 times.
- A dishwasher uses between 9 to 12 gallons of water while hand-washing dishes can use up to 20 gallons.
- A dairy cow must drink four gallons of water to produce one gallon of milk.