Effective after hours Wednesday, February 28, 2024, through Monday ,March 4, 2024, BWSC will be performing scheduled maintenance on the CSS portal. Access to the portal for payments will be unavailable to users. Autopay will not be affected.
When the temperature is extremely cold, water pipes in your home or business may freeze. To help prevent frozen pipes, take the following precautions:
• Know where the water shutoff valve is in your home and how to turn it off.
• Keep cabinet doors open during cold spells to allow warm air to circulate around the pipes.
• Seal openings in your home to prevent cold air from leaking through.
• Allow a slow trickle of water to flow through faucets connected to water pipes that run through unheated spaces.
• Insulate pipes in unheated spaces such as garages, basements, and crawl spaces.
• Protect your water meter from icy drafts and freezing temperatures. Most frozen meters are caused by drafts from an open basement door or window.