DO NOT FLUSH WIPES - With reports of toilet paper shortages amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Commission reminds customers that wipes, paper towels, facial tissue, and other materials – even those that claim to be “flushable” – are not designed to break down in the wastewater treatment process.
The purpose of this project is to upgrade the water systems within Massachusetts Ave, Albany Street, East Newton Street, Northampton Street and Harrison Avenue.17-308-005
PROPOSED WORK: The work under BWSC Contract 17-308-005 includes the following:
- Massachusetts Ave: Tremont Street to Albany Street -COMPLETE
- Replacement of 4,000 feet of water mains
- Albany St: Massachusetts Ave to E. Concord Street - COMPLETE
- Replacement of 660 feet of water mains
- East Newton St: Washington Street to Albany Street - COMPLETE from Washington to Harrison
Replacement of 1,180 feet of water mains
- Northampton St: Washington Street to Harrison Ave & Albany Street to Fellows Street - COMPLETE
Replacement of 880 feet of water mains
- Harrison Ave: E. Canton Street to Wareham Street - COMPLETE
Replacement of 710 feet of water mains
SURFACE RESTORATION: Temporary restoration of roadways, sidewalks and other areas disturbed by construction will be completed under this contract. Concrete or brick sidewalks will be restored within six weeks, weather dependent. A permanent restoration will occur under a separate paving contract.
PROJECT DURATION: Work is scheduled to take place from Fall 2018 to Spring 2020.
ANTICIPATED IMPACTS: The anticipated impacts include water service interruptions, noise, traffic and parking modifications, rodent activity, dust, and general construction impacts. The contractor will be required to minimize impacts to the extent feasible.