The three-phase Roxbury project involves upgrading our water and sewer systems and installing new storm drains to separate the stormwater flow from the existing combined sewers. Due to the complexity of the project, traffic detours will be implemented during construction.
• Adams Street: Drain from Eustis Street to Dudley Street
• Adams Street: Water, Sewer and Drain from Forest Street to Dudley Street
• Dudley Street: Water, Sewer and Drain from Dearborn Street to Hampden Street
• Forest Place: Water from Forest Street to End
• Forest Street: Sewer and Drain from Mount Pleasant Avenue to Mount Pleasant Avenue
• Mount Pleasant Avenue: Water, Sewer and Drain from Dudley street and Dearborn Street to Dudley Street and Blue Hill Avenue
• Vine Street: Sewer from Forest Street to Mount Pleasant Avenue
• Vine Street: Sewer from Dudley Street to #18 Vine Street
- Blue Hill Ave: Sewer and Drain from Dudley St to Moreland St.
- Project location can be seen below
Scope of Work
The work under BWSC Contract 17-309-011 includes the following:
- Replacement of 1,690 feet of water mains
- Replacement of 7,615 feet of sewerage pipes
- Installation of 8,395 feet of drainage pipes
- Rehabilitation of 4,890 feet of sewer mains
The anticipated impacts include water service interruptions, noise, traffic and parking modifications, rodent activity, dust and general construction impacts. The contractor will be required to minimize impacts to the extent feasible.
In conjunction with BWSC's improvements, National Grid is replacing portions of their gas system. Generally, the gas work occurs prior to BWSC's work.
Temporary restoration of roadways, sidewalks and other areas disturbed by construction will be completed under this contract. Concrete or brick sidewalks will be restored within six weeks, weather dependent. Permanent restoration will occur under a separate paving contract.